Wednesday 22 July 2015

Drawing Course 1

Aye!! Today I want to post some very old drawings. To tell the truth... they are the first after a long time. In fact that's the drawing course which turned on the passion for drawing and painting...after the long sleep after the middle school courses. Ahh.. such a sweet time... It was the beginning of 2010. To tell the truth the passion for art was instilled after I took up a course in pottery.. but that's another post.





Here it is the first exercise. A life drawing of a vase. You have to measure what you see with the pencil or a stick. You have to pay attention to the verticals, with a plumber line or something like that if you have. And also to horizontal alignment. You can see, hard things for me are already there: perspective, ellypses, straight lines. But I was happy with the result. Watching it now after so many years, I appreciate the softness of the shadows. The things I don't like are the ellypses and the border of the objects, too heavily marked.



No comments:

Post a Comment